Blonde Soundtrack – Every Song Featured in the Netflix movie: Netflix’s latest release Blonde is a fictionalized biographical film that showcases the story of Marilyn Monroe, an actress with an indelible mark on the film industry. The film is based on a novel of the same name by Joyce Oates. The role of the legendary actress is portrayed by Ana de Armas, whose performance is being praised by anyone and everyone. Other cast members include Adrien Brody, Bobby Cannavale, Xavier Samuel, and Julianna Nicholson.
Directed by Andrew Dominik, this story of the rise of Marilyn from a vulnerable childhood to stardom which surpassed the boundaries of a nation is a re-imagination of her life according to the novel by Oates. The film is quite dark unlike the public persona of Marilyn which was full of light and glam. It shows what went on behind the cameras. Her struggles throughout her life as it covers her in the rawest, most vulnerable way it has ever been done before.
BLONDE – ALL SONGS FEATURED IN THE NETFLIX MOVIE:
Most people who know of Marilyn recognize her as a gorgeous actress, a sex symbol, but very few know of her endeavors as a singer. She used to sing in most of her films and possessed a phenomenal voice. The film showcases that successfully as many of her songs are included in the soundtrack of the film.
Along with Marilyn’s songs, the soundtrack also includes a number of tracks written and performed by Nick Cave and Warren Ellis who helmed the music front of the film. This combination works for the film as we are sucked into the world of THE MARILYN MONROE.
- ‘Every Baby Needs a Da-Da-Daddy’ – Lester Lee and Allan Roberts (from Ladies of the Chorus)
- ‘Kiss’ – Haven Gillespie and Lionel Newman (from Niagara)
- ‘Rose and Patrick’ – Sol Kaplan (from Niagara)
- ‘Strangled’ – Sol Kaplan (from Niagara)
- ‘Bye Bye Baby’– Jule Styne and Leo Robin (from Gentlemen Prefer Blondes)
- ‘Diamonds are a Girl’s Best Friend’ – Jule Styne and Leo Robin (from Gentlemen Prefer Blondes)
- ‘Warm and Tender’ – Nick Cave, Fiora Cutler, Tim Davies and Eldad Guetta
- ‘Bright Horses’ – Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds
- ‘I Wanna Be Loved By You’ – Bert Kalmar, Harry Ruby and Herbert Stothart (from Some Like It Hot)
- ‘La Cumparsita’ – Gerardo H Matos Rodriguez, Enrique Pedro Maroni and Pascual Contursi (from Some Like It Hot)
- ‘Runnin’ Wild’ – Arthur Gibbs, Leo Wood and Joseph Grey (from Some Like It Hot)
BLONDE MOVIE OST (Written and performed by Nick Cave and Warren Ellis):
- Fire in the Hills
- Glass Sliver
- Gemini Acoustic
- Goddess Of Love On A Subway Grating
- Bright Horses (Instrumental)
- I Love Love Love You All
- A World of Light